The Toxic Rock Star!
‘Hannah Montana’ was a hit Disney TV show about a young girl who was by day just a normal student, but at night was secretly a world famous rock star! So it came as a shock when in 2007, it was discovered that the ‘Hannah Montana Popstar Card Game’ contained more than 75 times the legal limit of lead allowed in a product!
Lead is highly poisonous and the human body has a hard time breaking it down. Oddly, the authorities could not demand a recall of the product due to a technicality. As the lead was found to be in the vinyl coating of the cards and not in the paint itself, something that was not against US regulations at the time.