Household Items can unwittingly make Deadly Toys!
Parents can often forget that as people we know what is a toy and what obviously not. But young children often have yet to learn that common sense. For instance the author of this article when left unattended in the car as a child, decided to play with the car’s electronic cigarette lighter. Out of curiosity he unwittingly stuck his finger inside the lighter socket. It took about a week for his finger tip to heal.
This is not an uncommon scenario, but sometimes this can end more tragically. In January 2019, three children in Florida died when playing hide and seek. They had hid in a disused freezer and died of suffocation when they became trapped inside. So remember, if you have young kids, consider that certain everyday items that are left around the house could pose a real threat to the children if they decide to innocently play with them.