The interior of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, Italy, is hollow and has stone steps along the tower.
History of the Leaning Tower of Pisa
The Leaning Tower of Pisa (Italian: Torre pendente di Pisa or Torre di Pisa, English: Leaning Tower of Pisa) was built in August 1173 and is a free-standing clock tower of the Cathedral of Pisa, Italy, located in the north of Pisa, Tuscany, Italy. On the square of Miracles.
The large lawn of Miracle Square is dotted with a group of religious buildings, the Cathedral (built in the 1063-13th century), the Baptistry (built in the 1153-14th century), the Bell Tower (the Leaning Tower of Pisa) and the cemetery ( Built in 1174), their exterior walls are made of milky white marble, each of which is relatively independent but has a unified Roman architectural style. The Leaning Tower of Pisa is located behind the Cathedral of Pisa.
The Leaning Tower of Pisa is 58.36 meters high from the foundation to the top of the tower. It is 55 meters high from the ground to the top of the tower. The width of the wall of the clock tower is 4.09 meters on the ground, 2.48 meters wide at the top of the tower, and the total weight is about 14453 tons. The center of gravity is above the foundation. 22.6 meters. The circular foundation has an area of 285 square meters and an average pressure of 497 kPa to the ground. The angle of inclination is 3.99 degrees, which is 2.5 meters away from the outer edge of the foundation and 4.5 meters from the top. The tilt was first discovered in 1174.