The number of Chinese characters is 2113, and the “Chinese Big 5261 Dictionary” received a total of 41,0256,000 single characters. However, there are not many 1653 Chinese characters that are actually commonly used. According to the statistics of experts, 3,500 commonly used characters cover 99.48% of the characters used in modern publications;

The four volumes of “Selected Works of Mao Zedong” have a total of 660,273 words, and only 2,981 different words are used.

Chinese Character Trivia: There are only more than 3000 commonly used Chinese characters
Chinese Character Trivia: There are only more than 3000 commonly used Chinese characters

·In 1988, the Chinese Characters Office of the Language Institute of the State Language Commission cooperated with the Erpao No.2 Institute to conduct census data on 14 provinces

A sample of 570,000 names was selected, and the statistical results showed that the names of the 570,000 names were only 4141 characters. Among them, 1505 characters cover 99% of the 570,000 names, and the remaining 2600 characters are only used by 1% of the people; and the 2600 characters exceed the “Chinese Character Coded Character Set for Information Exchange · Basic Set” ( 6763 characters) are only 500 characters, and the population is less than 0.1%. It is a waste of resources to increase the font library infinitely for the needs of a few people using rare characters.

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 评论
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments