Bacteria Trivia: Can It Infect Infectious Diseases?

Bacteria, as a single-celled organism with great vitality, do not have some body surface characteristics of multicellular organisms.…

Bacteria, as a single-celled organism with great vitality, do not have some body surface characteristics of multicellular organisms. However, bacteria can also be infected with infectious diseases.

Bacteriophages are a general term for viruses that infect microorganisms such as bacteria, fungi, actinomycetes, and spirochaete. Phages are called phages because they can cause host host lysis.

Bacteria Trivia: Can It Infect Infectious Diseases?
Bacteria Trivia: Can It Infect Infectious Diseases?

This slightly sci-fi virus infects bacteria and lurks inside the bacteria. Bacteria are engulfed at the appropriate time and the surrounding bacteria are heavily infected.

More than 95% of known phages use double-helix structure DNA as genetic material, ranging from 5000 base pairs to 5000000 base pairs in length, and the remaining 5% use RNA as genetic material.

It was through the study of phages that scientists were able to confirm that genes use DNA as a vector. In many countries, phages have been used as alternatives to antibiotics, and they are seen as a possible treatment for multidrug-resistant strains of many bacteria.

So is it true that bacteria have infectious diseases?

Recommend for you

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *