We all agree that there are many things in this world that no one wants to do, and for most people, getting electrocuted is the most important. Unfortunately, this does happen to people, we see movies all the time of people getting electrocuted, but have you ever wondered what exactly happens when this happens?
Everyone has had that uncomfortable sensation of reaching out for a loved one only to be met with a sharp spark of electricity jumping up and shocking them back. For the record it’s ok to blame this person we all do it. However, what we don’t expect is to be static shocked by a harmless insulated device, such as headphones.
The materials in most headphones and speakers are very conducive to the build up of static electricity and thus its users can possibly receive a minor to major electric shock. Even major brands have this issue and warn against defective product on their websites, but in the most dire circumstances the build up and close proximity to your noggin can lead to deathly consequences. One young boy was electrocuted to death when his phone received a jolt of electricity through its charger and continued through the headphone jacks to give his body a jolt that ended his life.